MOD (Mitsubishi Owners Day) NZ is back for 2021, an exclusive track event open to ALL Mitsubishi vehicles, features include:
– Cruising sessions
– Mitsubishi parade (World record attempt)
– Mitsubishi showcase
– Mitsubishi sale yard
– Mitsubishi swap meet
– Grip Sessions
– Roll racing
– Trade exhibitors
– Car Clubs
Spectator Tickets at Gate $25 (no pass outs)
Kids 10 and under FREE
Strictly no alcohol. No pets. Event will go on rain or shine!
Vehicle Safety Check
Every vehicle has to complete a basic Safety Check before you are allowed out on the track. This is for your safety, and the safety of those around you on the track. Scrutineering will take place on Saturday morning. Once your car has passed, you’ll receive your window sticker allowing your car access the track. You must then attend drivers briefing to get your drivers wristband and then you’ll be good to go.
If you miss out on registration/safety check times, you will not be allowed onto the track. No exceptions and no refunds!
- Brake lights (must be in working condition)
- Indicators (not required for dedicated track cars)
- Legal tread on the tyres
- Battery clamps (must be secured and not able to move, even if it’s in a battery box).
- Fuel leaks
- Oil leaks
- Wheel nuts secured
- Seat belts (a seat belt is required for all drivers and passengers out on the track. Even the vehicles from the factory without a seat belt, it should have one installed).
- Noise limit (All tracks have noise limits and you are to obey by the track limits. If your car exceeds the limits then you will be asked to rectify this and if still persists then you won’t be allowed at the event with no refunds)
- Structural damage
- Door cards
Extra checks for vehicles that are not road worthy e.g. dedicated drift cars, burnout cars, race cars.
- Racesuit (All race suits must be minimum of single layer fire retardant. SFI or FIA approved.)
- Approved helmet and footwear
- Padding on roll cage
- Fuel system has to be fully sealed from drivers compartment
- Secured seats
- No sharp objects that can cause injury
- No major windscreen cracks
- All cars with a modified engine must have an overflow bottle and oil catch can if one isn’t already fitted
Please take the time to check over your car and gear prior to the event to make sure you get out on the track without any problems.