Cruisers! Are you ready to step it up a gear and replace that Sunday Cruise with a Full Throttle Experience? The opportunity is coming your way on August 25th at Hampton Downs, with the launch of Full Throttle at the very popular Caffeine & Gasoline event. Full Throttle is an opportunity for you to get your car out on track and safely open the throttle and put it to the test.
PRICE: $225 per car.
HERE’S HOW THE TRACK DAYS WORK…..
- Drivers will be split into two groups, taking into account the drivers ability: slow/medium or fast/advanced.
- Track gates open at 7.00am and documentation will be from 7.30am onwards. Then drivers briefing will be at 8.30am with a few familiarisation laps at 9:15 and track goes live with the first session at 10am.
FRONTAL HEAD RESTRAINTS
Frontal Head Restraints (FHR) are mandatory for vehicles that have a 4 point harness or greater there are various tethered devices available including Hans, NecksGen REV, Impact Accel or Simpson Hybrid. All of these are acceptable. For vehicles fitted with a standard lap and diagonal 3-point belt system – a foam roll / collar is acceptable.
Factory Standard cars – lap diagonal belts-
Foam neck brace, helmet, fire retardant race suit, closed in shoes
Modified Vehicles – roll cage, 4 point harness etc
FHR, helmet, fire retardant race suit, fire retardant shoes, fire retardant gloves
You can purchase frontal head restraints and race suits from:
IMPORTANT INFORMATION, Please note:
- Passengers are only permitted in vehicles equipped with a roll cage
- A $50.00 charge will apply for additional drivers (payable on the day). Additional Drivers must complete the full induction and attend driver briefing.
- Safety gear mentioned above is required at every track day by all drivers and passengers
- Race suits, helmets, foam neck braces and frontal head restraints are available for hire from Hampton Downs.
- Your car must have a current WOF or a current Motorsport NZ log book
- Please bring your civil driver’s license (minimum of a restricted is required) or Motorsport NZ to registration on the day.
Induction Process: Full Throttle is run and operated by Hampton Downs. This event is covered by Hampton Downs Insurances and H&S policies. Please note that these operate outside of all other permits and external organisations.
To ensure that Hampton Downs are compliant with its Insurers, Work Safe NZ, and other interested parties; it is imperative that all Full Throttle participants complete the Hampton Downs induction process. Please note that experience, and previous track experience at Hampton Downs, is not factored into the induction process.