Full Throttle is an opportunity for you to get your car out on track and safely open the throttle and put it to the test. Your Full Throttle Experience will include the following:
- A full Hampton Downs Track Day induction, including familiarisation laps and advice from our resident professional driver. Your driving skills will be fully assessed, so we can provide the direction you need to enjoy your track day safely.
- Following your induction and assessment, you will get three 15-minute sessions on track to put your car through its paces and your driving ability to the test.
PRICE: $109.00 per morning OR afternoon slot (maximum number of vehicles per speed group is 25).
HERE’S HOW THE TRACK DAYS WORK…..
- Drivers will be split into two groups, taking into account the driver’s ability: slow/medium or fast/advanced.
- Morning Sessions – Track gates open at 7.00am and documentation will be from 7.30am onwards. Then drivers briefing and training will be at 9.00am and track goes live with the first session at 10am.
- Afternoon Sessions – Documentation will be open from 7.30am with drivers briefing and training at 1pm followed by first session on track at 2pm.
FRONTAL HEAD RESTRAINTS
Frontal Head Restraints (FHR) are mandatory for vehicles that have a 4 point harness or greater there are various tethered devices available including Hans, NecksGen REV, Impact Accel or Simpson Hybrid. All of these are acceptable. For vehicles fitted with a standard lap and diagonal 3-point belt system – a foam roll / collar is acceptable.
Factory Standard cars – lap diagonal belts-
Foam neck brace, helmet, fire retardant race suit, closed in shoes
Modified Vehicles – roll cage, 4 point harness etc
FHR, helmet, fire retardant race suit, fire retardant shoes, fire retardant gloves
You can purchase frontal head restraints and race suits from:
IMPORTANT INFORMATION, Please note:
- Passengers are only permitted in vehicles equipped with a roll cage
- A $50.00 charge will apply for additional drivers (payable on the day). Additional Drivers must complete the full induction and attend driver briefing.
- Safety gear mentioned above is required at every track day by all drivers and passengers
- Race suits, helmets, foam neck braces and frontal head restraints are available for hire from Hampton Downs.
- Your car must have a current WOF or a current Motorsport NZ log book
- Please bring your civil driver’s license (minimum of a restricted is required) or Motorsport NZ to registration on the day.
Induction Process: Full Throttle is run and operated by Hampton Downs. This event is covered by Hampton Downs Insurances and H&S policies. Please note that these operate outside of all other permits and external organisations.
To ensure that Hampton Downs are compliant with its Insurers, Work Safe NZ, and other interested parties; it is imperative that all Full Throttle participants complete the Hampton Downs induction process. Please note that experience, and previous track experience at Hampton Downs, is not factored into the induction process.